Learn to Lead Trad Climbing
2 day course
Peak District or Swanage
Traditional climbing is the purest form or climbing on the rock or in the mountains. Difference between bolted sports climbing is that with traditional climbing the rock is clean of any drilled bolts or pegs and climber have to carry his or hers own protection (often as heavy as 3kg) on their harness and find safe placements on the rock to place it. This requires huge amount of skill, knowledge and practice in order for the climber to be safe when climbing traditional climbs. This type of climbing is much more dangerous then sports climbing and therefore require right amount of skills and knowledge. Climbing tuition can organise traditional climbing course where we will teach you how to climb safely using your own protection. This course is recommended as 3 day course.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
- Solid and safe protection placements using rocks/nuts, friends/camelots, hexes, slings and micro wires
- Building solid and safe stances and belays
- Neat and effective rope work using double ropes
- Correct usage of climbing guide/book and choice of route
- Building an abseil and safe abseiling
- Simple problem solving such as assisted hoist and gear retrieve
Location: Peak District or Swanage
Duration: 2 day course (can be made into a 1-day course)
Cost: £240 pp for the two-day course
*minimum 2 participants
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
We meet either in London or at the location that has been planned for the course. We will discuss what works best during the booking process. more details about travel and accommodation can be found below.
Once we get together at the climbing location, it will be time to get kitted out and have a chat about the course and plans to fit in with you, your experience and expectations, the weather, and location. The timings of each day on the course are very much dependent on us getting the most out of the trip. They are always fun-packed but time to head back to the accommodation for well-earned food and rest.
All courses are privately guided with a maximum of two clients to an instructor..
AREAS WE GO TO
Climbing areas for this course include:
- Peak District
PRICING & DATES
Date(s) – No dates confirmed. Contact us for your bespoke course. It is always better to run these courses during the week, when possible, as crags are less busy, so do see if you can take a day or two off during the week.
£240 per person for the two day course.*
*This trip needs a minimum of 2 participants to run. Or can run as a 1:1 at £480 for the two days.
This trip can also be run for one day for £140 per person (minimum 2 people).
What’s included in the price?
- Two days of climbing instruction and tuition
- Equipment (ropes, belay devices, slings, karabiners, wallnuts, friends, cams, hexes, guidebooks, helmets and harnesses)
- Transport to and from the venue if travelling from London (if needed – to discuss at time of booking)
Book YOUR COURSE
If you have any questions or would you like to book then please use the form below and we’ll get right back to you as quickly as we can.