MTA QUALIFICATION Course
Climbing Wall Instructor – Abseil Module
Training – 4 hours
Assessment – 2 hours
Abseiling from purpose built structures is a popular activity for groups and many climbing walls and outdoor centres have their own platforms or towers. This optional module trains and assesses candidates involved in the Climbing Wall Instructor scheme.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Qualified Climbing Wall Instructors who wish to supervise abseiling on artificial structures.
- You must be registered on the Climbing Wall Instructor scheme and have completed the training course.
- You must have experience of at least 5 abseils form more than one location.
A 4-hour training course covering the following key areas:
- Technical Competence (including equipment, belaying, abseiling)
- Management and Decision Making (including planning, managing participants, managing other staff, decision making and knowledge and demonstration of techniques)
- Teaching and Learning Skills
CONSOLIDATION & PREPARATIONS
Now is the excuse to go to the wall as many times as you can! And enjoy. The onus is on your to be competent in all the areas covered in your training. And before assessment you also need to make sure:
- You have passed the Climbing Wall Instructor assessment
- You have observed or assisted on a minimum of 5 abseil / top-rope sessions.
A 2-hour assessment covering all the topics in your training.
DAtes & Booking
No dates confirmed. Contact us for your bespoke dates.
£80 per person
Choose between the Castle and Reach climbing walls – London
BOOK YOUR COURSE
If you have any questions or would you like to book directly then please use the form below and we’ll get right back to you as quickly as we can.