MTA QUALIFICATION Course
Climbing Wall Development Instructor – Training
1-day CWDI training course
The Climbing Wall Development Instructor (CWDI) qualification trains and assesses candidates in the skills required to develop climbers beyond the basic skills. This includes teaching lead climbing on indoor or outdoor artificial climbing walls and structures with fixed protection. It builds on the skills gained through either the Climbing Wall Instructor (CWI) or Rock Climbing Instructor (RCI) qualifications, one of which must be held in order to access the scheme.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Climbing Wall Development Instructor Award is ideal for people who work at climbing walls or at venues with permanent or mobile climbing towers.
Typical CWDI Training Day:
- Introductions and background
- Informal introduction (experience, interests and reason for interest in the Award). The Climbing Wall Development Instructor Award in context – its aims and the structure of the Scheme, where does it fit with other MT schemes.
- Structuring lead climbing sessions. Looking at and assessing the infrastructure, the climber and the progressions required.
- Practical development of knowledge and skills.
- Movement skills and how to coach them in warm ups, bouldering and roped climbing.
- Discussion on lead climbing mindset and how to develop it safely in others.
- The inherent dangers of falling.= and how to coach this skill in a safe and progressive manner.
- Recap. What to do next. How to prepare for the assessment.
- Personal debrief. 1:1
DAtes & Booking
Thursday 6 October
£115 per person
The Reach Climbing Walls – London
BOOK YOUR COURSE
If you have any questions or would you like to book directly then please use the form below and we’ll get right back to you as quickly as we can.